“A must have…covers every aspect of climbing, from footwork to mental strategies” – Climbing Magazine
“The most comprehensive training book for climbers” – 8a.nu
Order your autographed copy for $28.95:
(plus shipping and handling)
Shipping and Handling: Note – We have worked hard to find the lowest-possible shipping rates, and these are actual costs – we have not marked them up. If you are aware of legitimate, lower-cost shipping, please let us know.
US: $4.99 Economy Mail
US: $9.99 Priority Mail, 1-3 business days
* International shipping is not guaranteed and varies depending on local mail carriers. So far USPS has been better than 95% reliable, but many packages have been lost due to un-deliverable addresses. To promote safe delivery:
– Ship to an address that is attended by a human during delivery hours
– Ship to an address where you have successfully received packages in the past
– Inform any flat-mates that you are expecting a package
– Provide a complete address with phone number
*Significant shipping discounts are available for large quantity orders. Contact us for a quote.
Warning: PayPal will automatically enter your shipping address at checkout. Numerous packages have been lost due to incorrect or incomplete addresses. VERIFY THAT YOUR ADDRESS IS CORRECT BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR ORDER. If your address is not entered correctly and completely, you will not receive your package.
The RCTM 3-Season Logbooks are also available for $3.95:
(plus shipping and handling)
Click here to view your cart and complete your order!
The RCTM explicitly describes training techniques used by elite climbers in an easy to follow step-by-step format that will immediately and continuously improve your climbing:
– Detailed schedules prescribe daily training activities for beginner, intermediate and advanced climbers
– Training programs are tailored for bouldering, sport and traditional climbing
– Eleven exercise protocols clearly describe each training activity in detail
– Over 200 full color illustrations demonstrate proper techniques
– Meticulously researched, incorporating the latest advancements in sport science
– Presents exercises that are proven to be effective for climbers of all abilities
– Includes ground-breaking coaching for Big Wall Free Climbing including training, strategy and tactics!
The RCTM updates and expands on the renowned “Rock Prodigy” training method that has helped climbers around the globe advance through the grades. Whether new to climbing or a seasoned veteran, this book describes exactly how to get stronger NOW and climb your dream routes.
See what the experts are saying about the book.
- Mountainproject.com: “This will be the bible for climbing training in America. It is also a beautiful book…“
- Supertopo.com: “Buy this book, follow the plan within, and you WILL increase your abilities.“
- 8a.nu: “The most comprehensive training book for climbers…very well done…the new climbing bible.”
Still not convinced? Download this free PDF: Introduction to the Rock Prodigy Program PDF
Click on the images to expand…
RCTM.com Articles related to The Rock Climber’s Training Manual:
- Off To The Printer The Rock Climber’s Training Manual has been sent to the printer! That means as far as my contributions are concerned, the book is “done”. According to the guys at Fixed Pin, it normally takes about 3 months from the time the book is submitted to the printer until it arrives on bookshelves. Read more…
- Good Things Come in Threes …I’m co-authoring a book with my brother Mike Anderson on the subject of climbing training, tentatively titled The Rock Climber’s Training Manual. The book will be published by Fixed Pin Publishing and will hopefully be out some time this winter. Mike and I have been kicking around the idea of writing a training book for many years, at the suggestion of many different people. The book is loosely based on “The Making of A Rockprodigy”, a training article Mike wrote for Rockclimbing.com. Many climbers have had tremendous success using the Rock Prodigy training method and they have encouraged us to write something more expansive. Read more…
- What I Got for Christmas Christmas came a week early for me this year. While driving Logan home from downtown Denver to see the impressive light display at City Hall, I received a call from my friend and publisher Jason Haas. The “Proof” of the Rock Climber’s Training Manual had arrived from the printer! Read more…
- Sneak Peak at The Rock Climber’s Training Manual Our partners at Fixed Pin Publishing recently received six “Advanced Copies” of The Rock Climber’s Training Manual in the mail. Last weekend I headed up to their offices (Ben’s dining room) to get a sneak peek at the goods. These six books are the first off the press, and were air-mailed to be used for marketing purposes (sorry, they aren’t available for sale 😉 ). They will be sent to various media folks and distributors to help Fixed Pin get the book out into the market once the full shipment arrives. Read more…
- The Rock Climber’s Training Manual is NOW AVAILABLE!!! Seven towering pallets of The Rock Climber’s Training Manual arrived in Colorado on Thursday. After work I went up to Fixed Pin Publishing’s storage facility in Denver to see the goods and pick up a few crates of books. The books look great! It’s tempting to just sit and flip through it, but we still have a lot of work to do to get the books out to you! Read more…
If you have questions or comments about The Rock Climber’s Training Manual, please post them on the RCTM Forum. We will try to respond as soon as possible.
52 thoughts on “The Rock Climber’s Training Manual”
Pingback: Introducing RockClimbersTrainingManual.com! | Lazy H Climbing Club
Pingback: Sneak Peek at The Rock Climber’s Training Manual | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Designing A Transition Phase | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Designing A Transition Phase – New Post on RCTM.com! | Lazy H Climbing Club
Pingback: The Rock Climber’s Training Manual is NOW AVAILABLE!!! | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: The Rock Climber’s Training Manual is NOW AVAILABLE!!! | Lazy H Climbing Club
Pingback: Bonus Climbing | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: How’s Your Hang? | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: How to Build a Campus Board – New Post on RCTM.com! | Lazy H Climbing Club
Pingback: How to Build a Campus Board | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Any plans for an e-book version for my tablet?
There are no plans as of now.
Pingback: Unfinished Business – Part 1 | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Mark and Mike Anderson on Hangboard Training
Any plans for a UK distributor?
That’s something I’ve been wondering as well! This book is a must-have in my personal library because it looks beyond good.
Pingback: The Story Behind JStar's Send of Biographie/Realization (9A+/5.15A)- EpicTV - TrainingBeta
Hi, how many days does it usually takes to send a copy of book from US to EU? thank’s a lot for reply 🙂
It normally takes 1-2 weeks, but it could be longer if the package is delayed in Customs for some reason. They usually go through pretty quickly.
Pingback: Don’t Call it a Comeback! | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Pumping Plastic | Vertical Ink
Pingback: Holiday Gift Guide for the Performance-Oriented Climber | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Do you have any Canadian Retailers/Distributors? MEC seems to carry the log book but not the actual book.
MEC is probably just out of stock of the RCTM. The second printing arrived last week, so chances are good they will be re-stocked soon.
Does MEC still carry the RCTM? Can’t seem to find it on there site
I don’t know.
Pingback: Double Stout | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Mission Accomplished! | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Delivered From Purgatory | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Desert Spring: Part 1 – Escalante Canyon, CO | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: The Rock Climber’s Training Manual Review | Splitter Choss
Pingback: Functional Core Training | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Training for Climbing: Base Fitness Module | Climb Eat Cycle Repeat
Do you sell the RCTM in any stores in Colorado, particularly in Fort Collins?
Distribution to retail shops is managed by Fixed Pin Publishing, so we wouldn’t know. The easiest way to get it is to order online.
Hey guys, can you ship to Australia? If so, what’s the cost & process to do so
Yes! Just click on any of the links that say “order the book” and it will explain the international shipping fees.
Pingback: Holiday Buyer’s Guide 2015
Is there any way purchase the book in Brazil?
Pingback: Guest Article: See the Send — Use Visualization to Up Your Climbing | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: See the Send | Philip Lutz
Pingback: Babies make me want to train – Born to Climb
is this book still in stock? If so, how long does it take for delivery in Illinois?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes the book is in stock. Shipping usually takes 4-5 business days.
Great. Placed the order yesterday, looking forward to receiving it in couple days.
Pingback: Review of the Latest Climbing Research | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Training for 9a – Preface | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: Anderson Brothers Core Training - Training for Rock Climbing - TrainingBeta
Pingback: Training Takeover: 8-Weeks to Rock Prodigy Status | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: How to Become an Expert Climber in Five Simple Lessons (Lesson 4) | The Rock Climber's Training Manual
Pingback: How to Become an Expert Climber in Five Simple Lessons (Lesson 5) | The Rock Climber's Training Manual